Annual wellness examinations are just as important for your dog as they are for you. Our canine companions are unable to tell us how they are feeling, so it is important that you bring them in for preventative care and wellness exams on a regular basis. These exams will help to ensure your dog stays as healthy as possible.
We want to help you keep your dog at their best!
Our wellness exam is an opportunity to develop a picture of your dog’s overall health. They also help us to spot potential medical issues before they become serious concerns. During these visits you can ask important questions about your dog’s health, habits and daily care. No question is too small or too silly, and it is our pleasure to address your concerns. We want you to be comfortable and informed in all aspects of your dog’s health and lifestyle. We will provide you information about home healthcare for your dog and offer important advice and new information on the care of your particular type and breed of dog.
A preventative exam includes:
- Administering vaccinations
- Performing laboratory test (urine/blood), if necessary
- Screening for parasites
- Consulting about your dog’s behavior, appetite, exercise habits, and regular activities at home
- Discussing heartworm, flea and tick parasite control
- Listening to your dog’s heart and lungs
- Checking your dog’s teeth, gums and mouth
- Evaluating your dog’s eyes
- Examining your dog’s ears and ear canals
- Checking your dog’s lymph nodes, abdomen and skin
- Feeling the joints and muscles