Annual wellness examinations are just as important for your cat as they are for you. Our feline companions are unable to tell us how they are feeling, so it is important that you bring them in for preventative care and wellness exams on a regular basis. These exams will help to ensure your cat stays as healthy as possible.
Our wellness exam is an opportunity to develop a picture of your cat’s overall health. They also help us to spot potential medical issues before they become serious concerns. During these visits you can ask important questions about your cat’s health, habits and daily care. No question is too small or too silly, and it is our pleasure to address your concerns. We want you to be comfortable and informed in all aspects of your cat’s health and lifestyle. We will provide you information about home healthcare for your cat and offer important advice and new information on the care of your particular type and breed of cat.
A preventative exam includes:
- Administering vaccinations
- Performing laboratory test (urine/blood), if necessary
- Screening for parasites
- Consulting about your cat’s behavior, appetite, exercise habits, and regular activities at home
- Discussing heartworm, flea and tick parasite control
- Listening to your cat’s heart and lungs
- Checking your cat’s teeth, gums and mouth
- Evaluating your cat’s eyes
- Examining your cat’s ears and ear canals
- Checking your cat’s lymph nodes, abdomen and skin
- Feeling the joints and muscles